CONDITIONS OF PUBLICATION
- online submissions
- author guidelines
- submission preparation checklist
- statement of ethical practice
- copyright notice
- privacy statement
All submissions to RESONANCE are complete electronically through ResonanceRSJ.org/submit.
Prospective authors for RESONANCE: a Religious Studies Journal should first, click here to download the submission guidelines which you will find in PDF format. The guidelines pertain to article and book review submissions. All articles are blindly peer-reviewed. We will acknowledge your submission upon receipt and let you know the anticipated time-frame for a decision. If your article is accepted, we will send you further instructions for submitting the final manuscript of your article.
SUBMISSION PREPARATION CHECKLIST
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format (PDFs are acceptable if you are unable to submit a .docx file).
- The article/book review follows Turabian/Chicago style guidelines, including footnotes.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The instructions in the ensuring a blind review section have been followed.
- You, the contributor, have read the guidelines for submission for this journal and have followed the instructions regarding journal style, etc. as mentioned in the above “Author Guidelines” section
- You, the contributor, have read and agree to our conditions for publication especially regarding our statement of ethical practice, the originality of your contribution (i.e. has not been previously published and does not include copyrighted material) and is not libellous or containing any potentially libellous content.
- A formatted list of references is already formatted properly at the end of your article (it must be uploaded as one document).
- Have a personal professional photo available. A photo of the contributor will be included in monthly spotlights. Once a paper is accepted for a monthly spotlight the contributor will then be asked to supply the photo.
STATEMENT OF ETHICAL PRACTICE
We recognize and believe in the integrity of good ethical practice in publishing in order to promote and maintain the quality our contributors produce. As a publisher, we uphold the standards set forth in the COPE code of practice (www.publicationethics.org), specifically for all contributing parties: author, editor, reviewer and as publisher.
We have communicated these standards to our journal editors who share in our aims for ethical publishing practice and agree to work towards these standards throughout the editorial process.
The editors will not consider manuscripts which are under consideration by other publishers. It is assumed that once you have submitted an article to this journal, it will not be sent to other publishers until a decision about inclusion has been made. Only by special arrangement will the editors consider previously published material. Full details of our conditions related to copyright can be found by clicking here.
click here for the contributor contract, which you should print, sign and post back to us once your manuscript is accepted.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.